KinderGals: It’s Tuesday! What’s Happening in Vegas?

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

It’s Tuesday! What’s Happening in Vegas?

Slide43
Slide44Slide45
Slide46
Slide47
Slide48
Slide49
Once you get to here, now you are ready to use them. Have the children glue the pictures in to match the letters that they already know. Add in 3 more that they don’t know. Each day have them “read” the book to you by naming the letter and the picture. Skip the pages that do not have a picture. As the children learn the ones you added, add more! They will know all the letters before you know it! All of the directions are in this little freebee!
Slide50
Slide51
One of the sessions for Tuesday…Words Mini Lessons. In this session, it’s all about the framework for the 10 Minute mini lesson.
Connect: “Remember yesterday when we…” First remind the children of what you did yesterday.
Teach: “Today I am going to show you how….” Teach the new concept.
Active Engagement: “Now it’s your turn.” The kids practice.
Link: “Remember today and every day good readers…” Remind them of the standard you taught.
Slide52Slide53
So this anchor chart would be 7 different mini lessons. At the end of the unit we made these cute little tool boxes and the kids made their own set of reading tools! The boys LOVE these! Here are some of the units that I referred to in this session. You can click on them to find them in my store for 20% off today only!
Slide55Slide56Slide57Slide58Slide59Slide54
Slide60
One of my newest session is on what to do with your small groups during math. So, how do you organize your math time. You can search this blog for Math Center Management to see more about that. Then, I share different small group activities and how to make them work with your intervention group, your on-target group and your challenge group.
Slide61
So for this fun head bands game here’s how I do that:
Differentiation:
Intervention level- Teacher will provide prompts for students who might have trouble describing a shape by its defining attributes. For example: Prompt a student by asking, “How many sides does the shape have? O.K. Tell the person wearing the headband that the shape has ___ sides.” Continue to support students in this manner until they are able to generate describing statements independently.
On-target level- Students generate describing statements without assistance from the teacher. The teacher is there to facilitate and observe.
Challenge level- The child who is wearing the headband will ask questions about the shape on his/her headband to determine what it is. Ex. “how many sides does my shape have? Does my shape have any faces, or just sides? The teacher will facilitate turn taking and observe students as they are playing the game.
Here are some of the units that I referred to in this session. You can click on them to find them in my store for 20% off today only!
Slide62Slide63
Slide64Slide65
In this writing session, after a quick review of the workshop components, I share how we get writer’s workshop started in our class. The framework is REAL important. This slide shows the first 3 steps, but not the link. Notice that I am using the same words as I said above with the words session? It makes it so easy to keep on task when you have this framework in place.
Here are some of the units that I referred to in this session. You can click on them to find them in my store for 20% off today only!

Slide66Slide67
Slide69Slide70
The last session for today….All Eyes on You! As I have worked with beginning teachers, and sometimes not so new teachers, classroom management can be a concern. To tell you the truth, when I first started teaching I was terrible at it! I would find myself trying to yell over them and losing control. I love this little non verbal reminder. Just put a few magnets on a cookie sheet along with the “rule” you are working on. While you are teaching your class, if someone yells out, instead of stopping and verbally correcting, just pull down on the the magnets! No words needed! It is a great way for children to have a visual reminder! 
Here are some of the units that I referred to in this session. You can click on them to find them in my store for 20% off today only!
Slide71Slide73Slide74Slide7
Pin It!

No comments:

 
Pin It button on image hover

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.