- Starting with three buttons, some of the buttons are in the open hand and some are hidden in the closed hand.
- I said, I have ___ buttons in this hand. How many buttons are hidden in the other hand?
- Repeat with several combinations for the number 3.
- I want the kids to be accurate (get it right) and automatic (get it quickly).
- If they are accurate and automatic for 3 buttons, move on to 4 buttons.
- The great thing about ESGI, is that it will easily move to 4, as you continue the assessment.
- Once the child is no longer accurate OR automatic, stop the assessment....that is their number.
- On the child's necklace, use a hole punch to punch out all of the numerals where they were both accurate and automatic with the combinations.
- The number they will use to build combinations will be the first number NOT punched out on their necklace.
Monday, March 6, 2017
Using Assessments to Form Small Groups
Posted by Kim and Megan at 9:26 AM