- Cut out the large rectangle and the 3 small rectangles.
- Stack the 3 small rectangles on top of the large rectangle.
- As you life each of the small rectangles...read the book.
Here's all the kids do.
- Cut off the first sentence.
- Cut between the words.
- Put the word with the capital letter first.
- Put the word with the period last.
- Manipulate the other words until the sentence makes sense.
Here's all the kids do..
- Put your pencil where you see the arrow.
- Name each of the two pictures blocking the path.
- Decide which one begins with the letter at the top of the page.
- Draw your line through that picture and move on to the next two pictures.
- Repeat the process until you get to the end.
Here's what the kids do.
- Cut out the ten pictures.
- Name each picture.
- If it begins like the picture at the top of the page, glue it down.
- Repeat with all 10 cards.
- Only 8 cards will be glued down.
Here is a link to each of these four units.