- Each deck of cards is enough for two games.
- Sort the cards with the black cards in one pile, the red cards in another pile, and the jacks, queens, kings, and jokers in another pile.
- Throw the jacks, etc away. The red cards are for one game and the black cards can be used to make the game again.
- Reproduce a game board for each the black cards and another one for the red cards.
- Make the spinner using a paper clip, brad and bead.
- This game is played with a partner.
- Place the deck of cards between the players.
- Each player turns over a card.
- The players compare their cards for more and less.
- Each player puts his card on the game board on the correct side—more or less.
- The player with the less card, spins the spinner.
- If it lands on more, the player with the more card gets both cards.
- If it lands on less, the player with the less card gets both cards.
- Repeat the game by inviting each player to turn over another card.
Add and Compare
- Here’s another option….
- Each player turns over two cards and adds them together.
- Each player places his cards on the more or less side of the card—comparing the sum.
- The player with less, spins the spinner.
- If it lands on less, the player with less gets al 4 cards.
- If it lands on more, the player with more gets all 4 cards.
- You could also have children turn over 3 cards, add and compare.
- Invite each player to turn over three cards. (You could also play with each player turning over two cards.)
- The players make a 3 digit number with their cards. (2 digit if they are playing with 2 cards.)
- The players compare for more and less, placing them on the correct spot on the game board.
- The player with less spins the spinner.
- If it lands on less, the player with the lesser number, gets all the cards.
- If it lands on more, the player with the greater number, gets all the cards.
2 decks of cards, 4 game boards----8 kids playing! So….get to Target to pick up your cards and scroll to the bottom to get your boards as a FREE download.