KinderGals: All About the Number

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 14, 2013

All About the Number

image
We all remember the day of letter of the week, number of the week, color of the week, etc. Research has shown us that this is not a very effective way to conquer these skills.  So when I was thinking about teaching the numerals, I turned it around to thinking about number. Each week we turn our focus to one number. We think all about the things we know about that number. When teaching kids All About the Numbers, I use this chart. This is the chart that I use for numerals 0-10. There is a different chart for numbers 11-20 and student recording pages for 1-20. At the beginning of the year, I do the anchor chart with them one day. Then, the next day I call them for small group during math time to fill out their pages. As the year goes on, the kids are able to do their pages right along with me while I am doing the anchor chart.
image
image
Pin It!

2 comments:

Misty Jolly-Lewis said...

Do you have this for sale in your TPT? I wasn't able to find it

Kim and Megan said...

Here's the link https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/All-About-Numbers-Pages-Bundle-Numbers-1-20-636038

 
Pin It button on image hover

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.