Painting the Rainbows
- I gave them each a large piece of finger painting paper.
- They folded the paper in half.
- Unfold the paper so that you can see the crease.
- Using foam paint brushes, paint a rainbow above the crease and another rainbow below the crease.
- Let it dry.
Making the Large Rainbow Brace Map
- Cut out the title and the rainbow.
- Glue them on the left side of the paper.
- Next, glue the brace to the right of the rainbow.
- Cut a second rainbow into the different arcs.
- Glue each arc onto the right side of the paper.
- Label each arc with the color.
Making the Student Brace Maps
- Once the rainbows are dry, invite the children to cut out one of their rainbows and glue it to the left side of their paper.
- Now, cut out the second rainbow, cutting each arc separately.
- Glue each of the separate arcs on the right side of the paper.
- Add the labels for each of the arcs.
The Brace Map is in this unit: