KinderGals: Look who I got to see and what’s new in reading…

Search This Blog

Monday, December 3, 2012

Look who I got to see and what’s new in reading…

Slide1What a cuh-razy two weeks! Last week I was in IL for the Kindergarten conference and got to see Jack Hartmann. “I love me some Jack Hartmann music!!” He was the keynote speaker and brought the house down with his upbeat songs including the Vowel Sound Hound Dog and the Penguin Dance. You can find his music (here). I love his “Vowel Sound Hound dog” song so much I made a little music book to use along with it. You can see it (here).

Slide2Slide3

Slide4Also, at the IL kindergarten conference I was able to connect with my good friend, Kathy Griffin. Now ya’ll know I am not a technology queen. In fact I am quite challenged in that department. But, Kathy is beyond smart! She has made multimedia files for smart boards or any type of digital projector. If you are looking for ipad activities, songs, books, or games…she has those too! You can check them out in her tpt store (here).

This week I started in TN for the Destination Common Core! When I checked in the hotel there was this beautiful tree in the lobby.

Slide5

Then, I looked up and look at what I saw!! Loved it, a cowboy hat for the tree topper! Yee Haw!Slide6

If you came to any of the conferences when I first started presenting, you might recognize this girl! This is my sweet friend, Wendy. We actually presented together for a few years. Then, Wendy stepped back from presenting while she raised her young family. But, she is now living in TN, so she made the trip to Nashville to hang out for a few days. This is one super creative teacher! She has started a blog called Outrageous Fun in Room 321. She is also selling her things in tpt. She has a new super cute Christmas Pack that is way cheap! You can check it out (here!)

Slide7

I’m loving my new Destination Common Core Workshop! Those Tennessee teachers rocked it! Look at all the teachers that came! We spent two days together and they were a blast!

Slide8

Next week I will be in San Antonio and Dallas for my other seminar…DI for the Little Guy! If you haven’t registered and are looking for a fun day—you can check it out. Maybe you can even teach me a “Texas Boot Scootin Dance!”

Slide1

And last, but not least, Michele and I have finished Reader’s Workshop Unit 6! We are super excited about this unit because we both love to teach non fiction text and this unit is all about non fiction! During the holidays we will be getting together to hammer out Unit 7! I just love working with her and all the brainstorming that we can do over pizza! These are just some of the things in Unit 6. Click on the picture to see more.

Slide9

Pin It!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at your conference today and LOVED IT!!!!
Thank you so much for a great day.
Jade Young

Kathy Griffin said...

Thanks Kim for the "shout out" on your blog. It was great seeing you Thursday and Friday. I'll see you this Thursday at the New Hampshire PreK-K Conference. I think we get a dinner together this time:) And BTW, I love to use your books along with Jack Hartmanns CD's in my listening center. I also put them in my kiddo's just right book boxes since they can sing the words. It really keeps them on task reading and singing.

 
Pin It button on image hover

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.