KinderGals: If You Take a Mouse to School

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

If You Take a Mouse to School

Last week in Vegas I did a session called Back To School Bootcamp. A few teachers have emailed me asking for the words to the If You Take A Mouse to School book. So here you go!

Here’s how we use it:

  1. During preplanning our team took the mouse (they are at Kohl’s RIGHT now) around the school and posed him for pictures.
  2. We went to each location that our kids would visit during the day/week.
  3. Then, I typed up some text to link the pictures together and bound the pictures into a book.
  4. On the first day of school, we take our kids on a tour of the school using the book as our guide of where to go.
  5. In each place, as we meet the teacher/staff personnel there, we ask them if they have seen our mouse.
  6. We positioned the mouse in our LAST location with a bag of cookies!
  7. It makes for a fun way to do the school tour.

This book is soooo old that I don’t even have the text on my computer anymore, but it is still one of my favorite first week activities.

Slide1Slide2Slide3Slide411659430_10102911171306252_5662191242464531776_n

Visit my store each day and click on the banner to see what is on sale! Today it is everything Back To School! BTW, we worked in Ginny’s room yesterday ALL DAY just cleaning out closets and sorting. Today we are going to Megan’s room to see what we can do there! How blessed am I that I have 2 girls that are teachers!!!!!?????

Pin It!

1 comment:

Teacher and Life Long Learner said...

HOW FUN!!!!!!! Smiles and stop by anytime!

 
Pin It button on image hover

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.