KinderGals: 3 GOOD Reasons Why I Haven’t Blogged In a Month…

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

3 GOOD Reasons Why I Haven’t Blogged In a Month…

Do you ever wonder how some people do it all? How is it that they can have the best blog, be a fabulous teacher, their house looks like something out of a magazine, their kids are involved in every activity under the sun, they are always well dressed and “put together” and….all of them at the same time?  I am in awe of them! I can be pretty good at most of those things…but not all at the same time. So…. The number one reason that I didn’t blog in May….I was trying to concentrate on the “Home Front.”

Slide1 .

So look who turned one! Can you believe it? Megan, Ginny and I had a great time planning the party! Brody had a Camping Themed party. Tyler made the tent from a sheet and pvc pipe. It was a great place for the kids to have their photographs taken!

Slide2

Tyler also made this “Watering Hole” stand from an old pallet. He left room to add other beverages at the bottom! Winking smile

Slide3

Brody and his “smash” cake!

Slide4

We set up a trail mix bar using old pieces from canteens. We put baggies so that people could make their own mix.

Slide5

Tyler and Ginny had a cookout, but here are some of the themed food items.

Slide6

At night, we had a campfire and made s’mores. The branches in the watering can held pictures from Brody’s first year!

Slide7

And the kids just played….It was mostly a grown up party with only cousins along for the fun!

Slide8

Now that was Saturday, but then the next day, Sunday, we went “down on the farm” for Matthew’s second birthday! Yep….their birthdays are only 3 days apart! I spray painted this sheet for a classroom activity many years ago. We were role playing Old MacDonald. I had a door cut out and the kids came from the barn as we sang. But, for the party it made a great backdrop for photos.

Slide14

Here are some of the themed food that we had. The chicken feed was a chex mix that Megan made! It was delicious!

Slide13

To say Matthew had a “cake” is an understatement! His other grandmother, Nick’s mom, made it! It was a piece of art!

Slide9

We set up a few activities for Matthew’s cousins and friends from church. We put some hay in his wagon for hayrides.

Slide10

We did some apple bobbing!

Slide11

We had wheelbarrow races. We took some vegetable clip art pictures and taped them to a skewer. Then, we stuck the skewers down in the bale of hay. Two kids raced at a time. They would push their carts to the hay, pick 5 vegetable and race back! This was the most fun….and so simple!

Slide12

And for the last activity we actually had an egg hunt! Yep, that’s right, an egg hunt.  They loved it!

Slide15

Spring is my favorite time of the year. If I’m not with the babies, you can find me in the yard. This spring I redid my back porch.  Now….I did have help! I couldn’t do this by myself. But, I did clean up, power wash, spray paint, clean up flower bed, plant flowers…..

So….these are the number one reason I didn’t blog! I just didn’t! Sometimes we have to decide what we want to make time for! Too often I find that teachers are their own worst critic! We beat ourselves up! We expect perfection! We don’t want to disappoint! But, I think you will agree that first birthday parties and “spring fever” are more important than any blog post! See you tomorrow…that’s right….tomorrow, for the number 2 reason I haven’t blogged in a month!

Pin It!

4 comments:

Donna said...

I've been wondering where you were! Both birthday parties look like they were a ton of fun!

Learning at the Teacher Table

Abbey Floyd said...

Good for you!

Jen said...

What a fun gift to your family! Way to keep your priorities straight!

Jennifer Gibbons said...

I completely agree! I finally blogged today and looked at the last post- May 1. Sometimes we just need to focus on other things first. Glad you are back!

 
Pin It button on image hover

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.