KinderGals: Working On It Wednesday—Vegas!!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Working On It Wednesday—Vegas!!

Slide1
Slide3
Megan and I have been working on different projects this week. So first, what have I been working on?  VEGAS!!!!!
I can’t believe it is almost here! Time to go to Vegas! I am working this week putting finishing touches on all of my power point presentations, collecting and packing things to display in my presentation room, and finishing up a few new units for tpt. Two of my newest sessions, Math Small Group and Words Mini Lessons, will make their debut appearance in Vegas! So, I’ve spent a lot of time working on those two! I love the presenting, but it is crazy how much time it takes to prepare for a 75 minute session! First, the topic! Trying to decide what is the best topic to present on seems easy. But, there are so many things I want to share that I have a hard time narrowing it down. Then, there’s the title! Oh my, it is hard to think of a name that is catchy while still letting teachers know what the session is about.  Then it’s time to plan the outline for the session, come up with the ideas, take the pictures, make the power point, take more pictures, pick clip art, fonts, frames, and backgrounds…..But, when it is all done…there is nothing like it! It is such a moment of excitement and nervousness all at the same time. Will the teachers like it? Will you remember what to say? While it make a difference in the lives of the children we teach?
Slide4
Another thing I am working on is a series of units that we use to help differentiate our small groups during math. I’m super excited to be partnering with Michele again! We are working on a series of math units that will be helpful when we are trying to differentiate our small group during math. We finished Unit 1: Shapes this past week. Even before we were done with it, we started talking about Unit 2: Counting. I’m super excited that it will be done by this weekend!
Slide1Slide2
Now how about Megan? Megan is working on remaking some classroom décor/management items. See that tablet? It has a list of all the things she wants to get made!Slide5
Oh…and we have managed to squeeze in some fun…to go to Lane’s Packing Shed a few times, swim with friends and family, go to lunch to our favorite place—The Perfect Pear, plant a few more flowers and snuggle with babies! We can’t wait for the weekend to once again cheer Tyler on in his bike race! He will finish up the season taking over all first or second place.  So proud of him! So grab the button and link up with what you are working on.
Slide1
Pin It!

4 comments:

Krystyn Richards said...

It's good to know I am not the only one with the long list of things to do this summer. Enjoy Vegas and good luck on your presentation.

Krystyn
Ms Richards's Musings

Regina Berns said...

I'm so excited to come to your sessions in Vegas this summer!! I thought ALL of your sessions sounded amazing and I'm sure they will be great! :)

✿ Regina
Keepin It Krazy

Anita Dally said...

Wish I could make it Vegas but just not financially in the cards:( I am really excited about the math units. I have to use my textbook but this will be perfect for math rotations to meet everyone's needs. Thanks again!

Jayne Gammons said...

Looking forward to coming to learn from you in Vegas. I will fly across the country in a plane to hear someone that lives 30 minutes from me. Can we arrange a private workshop in Macon!!? Can't wait! Jayne
Smart Kids
ABCs of Reading

 
Pin It button on image hover

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.