Search This Blog

Loading...

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Is it really February already?

Slide1
How excited was I when I realized that I was going to be working close to my sweet friend, DeeDee Wills? As soon as we figured it out, we started making plans. She drove into St. Louis and spent the day at the conference with me. What a treat for the teachers attending! You could tell that Deedee was THEIR celebrity. She was soon answering questions and having conversations with many MO teachers. That night, we met up with some bloggers and had a great dinner at the Hard Rock Café. It was like I had known these girls forever! The conversation was fast, fun and at some points quite loud!
Back row:
me, Deedee Wills from Mrs. Wills Kindergarten, Meredith from Keen on Kindergarten, Becky from Paint the Sky Green
Front row:
Katie from Little Warriors, Ashlie from Goodwill Something, and Chrissy from Read, Write, Sing.
Slide2
So now it’s time to gear up for February. This week starts in West Virginia where I am working in a school modeling, coaching, and presenting on Reader’s Workshop. Then I fly out to IN for the Common Core Seminar. This seminar is picking up steam and has been lots of fun. 
Next week, I am working at a school in Chicago. Can I tell you how excited I am about this? My friend Kathleen teaches there!!! I have been there many times just as Kathleen’s friend. I just love hanging out in her class. She always lets me try out new ideas and we always have great fun teaching together. When I go there this time I am working with the teachers on Reader’s Workshop….for 3 whole days!!!!!
The best news is that when I leave Chicago, I am going home to Georgia for a few days! I can’t wait to get in Megan’s room and work with her kiddos! Who knows what we will get into! After a few days there, I am going to the New Orleans area. I am working at a district there, again on Reader’s Workshop! That must be the theme of the month!
 Slide3
Then, the last week of February I head out for the DI for the Little Guy Seminar. This month will be crazy fun…not much time in DC! Have a great week!
Pin It!

3 comments:

Mrs. Ryan said...

I'll be seeing you in Des Moines! Can't wait! :)

Freckleteacher said...

You all look so happy to be together!
I wish I could go to your DI Conference, but so far I haven't seen anything in California. Come on Kim, it's been sunny and at least 65 degrees this past week!

Ms. Simoneaux said...

You have to do a seminar in the Louisiana area!!

 
Pin It button on image hover

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.