KinderGals: Where do we Teach?

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Where do we Teach?

Slide1

My “classroom” takes me all over the United States and to Canada! I love working as a National Presenter! I get to work with so many great teachers and see lots of great schools. As a matter of fact, I am headed to Birmingham this afternoon for a workshop tomorrow! I always try to blog about the things I am seeing when I get the chance to get into a school. My poor friends…whenever I am in their cities, they know I am coming and it is going to be a party! I get a little excited when I get to go back in and try new things! The photo below was just recently taken in Fergus Falls, MN. My super sweet friends, Shari Sloane (kidscount1234.com) and Kathleen Pederson (growing kinders), came and helped me out for the day. Of course, we had to have dinner at a fabulous Italian Restaurant and spend some time catching up! Slide2

So now on to the REAL room! This is Megan’s super fun kindergarten class. It is such a happy place. A place where kids and parents alike stop at the door to get a peek inside. Lights are kept dim with lots of area lamps, and soft fabrics and rugs warm up the place. But don’t let that make you think things are going to put you to sleep in that room! Things are always buzzing, with lots of talk, movement, excitement, and learning! Here are a few pictures to show what the room looks like:

Slide3

Slide4

Slide5

Slide6

Slide7

The walls are used for learning! While there are many things hanging, here are a few pictures of some of the spaces. Good for me that I actually got to get into her room yesterday and to take these pictures!Slide8

Slide9

Slide10

And finally here are a few of those cozy spaces! I always look forward to going to her room, wouldn’t you!? I bet your rooms are super cute and fun too. Hop on over to Blog Hoppin and link up your classroom tour post!

Slide11

Slide12

Slide13

Pin It!

10 comments:

Nikki Jones said...

I love the jungle/monkey theme! It looks so cozy and inviting. The kinders will just love it. Thanks for sharing, I found your blog on the Blog Hop and I'm your newest follower.

Sent From My iPad

Busy Bees said...

Doing a jungle theme this year, so I am loving all of your pictures! I love your name bulletin board area!!
Robynn
BusyBees

Megan said...

Room looks great! What did you use To cover the kidney bean table?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the great room! I've change my classroom decor with our units. Rainforest, Ocean, Space Station etc. The class loves to create the environment. If you ever come to Winnipeg Canada let me know! Love to see you present.

Michelle - Winnipeg Manitoba Canada

Kim and Megan said...

Megan, We tape the table cloths under the table with duct tape. If you have a square table, you can use double sided tape. Put it across the two ends and lay the table cloth on top of the tape. The kidney ones, we cut and tape underneath.

Gretchen Schultek said...

How did you get into consulting as a national presenter? I'd love to chat as I am interested in beginning my journey outside the classroom.

Always A Lesson

Kim and Megan said...

Gretchen,
I have been presenting for more than 15 years. The first time I presented, I applied to present as a practitioner at the GA Kindergarten conference for a company called SDE-Staff Development for Educators. It takes a long time to get started and to build to presenting on a regular basis. You can check out their website, I think they have a place where you can express your interest in presenting. They run a K conference in almost every state.

Julie Holzenthal said...

Love, love, love it! Great ideas! Thanks for sharing! Do you plan to sell your classroom decorations on TPT? Can you post closer pics of your boards? What's on the oval lime green boards? I love that it is so stimulating and soothing at the same time... doesn't make sense but I am sure you know what I mean!

Jenny Frederich said...

How did you make your small group table so pretty?!?!? Is that contact paper or fabric?? Love your room!

Kim and Megan said...

Jenny, We use the vinyl table cloths and tape them to the table. We pick them up at Big Lots, Walmart, Freds....

 
Pin It button on image hover

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.