KinderGals: Must Have Mondays!

Search This Blog

Monday, August 20, 2012

Must Have Mondays!

Slide1

Pretty much all my “must haves” are in the same room….my office. When Andy and I moved into our home 12 years ago, I designed every inch of the space. There are slats to hold construction paper, pull out drawers for paper cutter, hidden printers…. Here are some of the must haves in there! (BTW, isn’t my Katie just the cutest dog ever! She pretty much just lays in there with me all day!)Slide2

So my laminator died! It didn’t take me but 10 seconds to say, “I have to get a new one!” First of all, since I am not connected to a school, I have to pay for my own laminating! This is cheaper than paying someone else to do it. Plus, Megan uses it all the time for those last minute, got to have it in the morning items. I don’t have a cameo Sad smile, working on getting one, but not yet. The next best thing is the cricuit. I love to use it to make patterns for “craftivities”! Isn’t that your term, Sarah Cooley?Slide3

Then, there is the paper cutter and the book binder. I love this book binder because it has the coil type binding. It works so much better than the comb type binders.The one true must have is…..Slide4

I can’t live without my diet coke. Like in my pajamas, get dressed and go to the store type of must have! Okay, so really probably send Andy after it if I’m honest! I have tried to give it up several times, but I just can’t. I have always loved popcorn, but about 10 years ago I went to Weight Watchers. I started eating popcorn at lunch because it filled me up and I could walk around and eat at the same time! It really helped me maintain my weight loss. The year I lost all the weight a parent told me this story….She was talking about wanting to lose weight and her kindergartener was listening in. The little girl said to her mom, “Well, if you just drink lots of diet coke and eat popcorn you will lose lots of weight! Look at Mrs. Adsit. That’s what she did!”Slide5

I didn’t get a chance to link up to the sneak a peek at my purchases after the TPT sale so thought I might add them here! I would say TPT is a must have…wouldn’t you? This first packet is by Kathleen Pederson. I just love it. It has all that you need to set up a kitchen area with writing paper, games and so much more. I originally thought about using it in my sweet daughter in law’s (Ginny) preK class. It will be perfect there. But there is so much more! This will work in any k class even if you don’t have the typical housekeeping area!

Slide6

My next purchase was from this dyno duo-Deanna and Deedee! How excited was I to see this? As you know, Michele and I have been writing the units for Reader’s Workshop. Lots of teachers kept emailing me wanting to know if I would do it for writing too. How happy am I that someone else did the work for me! These girls are smart and have that cute factor that makes learning fun, engaging, and exciting! Perfect companion if you are also using the reader’s workshop units!Slide7

My next purchase was from fellow Georgia teacher, Anna! I was so excited to see these recording pages to use to develop higher order thinkers. This packet will allow you to provide activities at all levels of Bloom’s without having to do the prep yourself! Saves you lots of time!Slide8

My last purchase, for today, is from Erica! I always struggle with making that student feel really special when it is their week! I start the year off great, and then I kinda lose steam. This will keep me going all year to ensure that every student has a chance to shine! Check back tomorrow!

Pin It!

8 comments:

robyn said...

Hi there~
I LOVE YOUR OFFICE! So pretty!
Thank you for sharing with us. Quick question..when is the next installment of The Reader's Workshop series going to be posted? I love the series and can't wait to get all of them.
Thank you!
Robyn

Lindsey (The Teacher Wife) said...

I love the popcorn and diet coke!! Too funny! :)

Busy Bees said...

Love your office area! I just bought a week ago my own binding machine and love it. I had to get rid of those comb binders. So, I can totally relate!!
Robynn
BusyBees

Allison Hutchins said...

I was at the Schaumburg Kindergarten Conference and absolutely loved everything that you showed us! I'm your newest follower :) Follow me on

storiessparklesandsmiles.blogspot.com

Allison

Stephanie said...

Okay, I bit the bullet! This year has been crazy with the only working laminating machine in the middle school building (across campus) and no instructional aide to run and do it for me. After reading your post, I bought my own laminator! I'm sure I'll drop a ton of cash buying pockets for it, but I already feel less stressed about getting things made! :) Wish me luck!

Kim and Megan said...

Stephanie! I think you will love it! A for sure stress reducer!

Kim and Megan said...

robyn! Unit 4 will be out this weekend! Yipee! We are starting Unit 5.

Erica Bohrer said...

Thanks for sharing! I love the way you presented the packets!

 
Pin It button on image hover

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.