KinderGals: Headed to Bert’s Room!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Headed to Bert’s Room!

Slide1

Before I show you what we did in Bert’s room, here are a couple more pictures from Megan’s room. She almost finished all the fabric on the back of her cabinets and bookcases. She told her principal if they have another lice outbreak she is taking the CABINETS home! SmileThe bulletin board with the letters is the beginning of her environmental print wall. Megan took some more pictures today, so I’ll share those with you later.

Slide2

Slide3

This is a photo of my sweet friend Bert! We taught together for a long time! Her room is the strawberry theme. We did a lot of work last summer making new things for her room so she asked me if I would come and just look to see if anything looked like it needed to be remade. Her room is always super clean and organized! Here’s what it looked like when I got there! So what did I help her do? Well, I covered all of her tables with table cloths. I can’t believe all the strawberry stuff I found in Target and Michael’s this year!Slide4

Slide5

The door picture on the left is her hallway door. She will add strawberries to the vine once she gets the names of her kiddos. Anyone got a creative saying she could use? The other door is where she puts her academic vocabulary. She actually has two of them, one for math and one for literacy. These are bathroom doors inside her room!Slide6

The above bulletin board holds her no more letter of the week. Each child becomes a letter expert and brings something for that letter. It is a program that she does at her school. I will try to send a picture of the board once it is finished. We just got the ribbon up today. The bulletin board below is for her word wall. You can also see another one of her tables that we covered.Slide8

Slide7

This slide shows a variety of pictures. First photo, top left, is where we made the supply tubs for the 5 areas in her room. The photo below it is for her mail center. The other two on the bottom were taken in the hallway. The kiddos get the sight word of the day out the red pocket chart. Then, they the strawberry pocket with their name, and place the sight word inside of their pocket. The final photo, top right, is where Bert has put felt in the bottom of the baskets for dice games. The kiddos just toss the dice into the basket—no noise and no dice rolling across the floor! Smart, right?

Pin It!

18 comments:

Cori Blubaugh said...

Kindergarten is the "berry" best! or other such saying exchanging "berry" for very : )

K is for Kinderrific said...

I love the using the word "berry" instead of very! So cute! So many things you could say.....Let's have a "berry" good year......I'm "berry" glad you're here..... LOVE IT!!!

Debbie :-)
K is for Kinderrific

Sarah said...

The best berry's in the patch

The sweetest berries in the patch

Going to be a berry good year!

I LOVE the strawberry theme!! Super CUTE!

Thanks for sharing!!
Sarah
shetrick@gmail.com

dayle timmons said...

Are you oving the tables with paper or material? Do you have any tricks for covering tables so neatly? Are you just using masking tape under the table?

How you you meep the edges of the door with the paper (?) and border from coming unpeeled throughout the year and looking ragged? Mine looks good at the beginning of the year but really looks ragged by the end. Thanks!

Desiree said...

Ms._____'s Sweet Pickin's

beachliesl said...

I have the same question as Dayle! :) That table looks fantastic---did you modpodge it on? LOL

Seriously---what did you do? Inquiring K teachers want to know!

Liesl
beachliesl@yahoo.com
wildworldofkindergarten.blogspot.com

Kim and Megan said...

The tables are covered with table cloths. I just stretch them as I go and tape them underneath with duct tape. I love them! They will get rips in them, but I just put a piece of clear tape over the rip. I change them about 4 times a year.

Kim and Megan said...

Thanks for all the strawberry theme ideas! Can't wait to tell Bert to read them all!

Andrea said...

Love the tablecloth idea. Thanks for letting us know how you did it. I'm going to go look for some tomorrow.

Cher Harrison said...

Looks great! :). Just taught my first lesson of your Blasting Off Reading Workshop packet. It was fun and now I am so stoked to teach the rest to my firsties. It was great meeting you in Vegas, too. I was tempted to try fabric this year on the bulletin boards and such but I had a time crunch so I bit the bullet and wrestled with butcher paper instead. :(. Maybe next year.

Thanks,
Cher :)

School Sparks Renee said...

I always love your pictures! Thanks for sharing. Both rooms look fabulous! Renee

Mrs. T. said...

I love your table cloth idea, but am worried the kiddos pencils are going to push through their papers because the tablecloths are kind of squishy. Have you ever had trouble with this or does it work just fine? Thanks for sharing all of your wonderful ideas!

Abby
aetuckner@gmail.com

Kimberly Gajewski said...

I love the strawberry theme! You did a beautiful job with the tables! How about..."It's berry nice to meet you!". Thanks for sharing photos of these wonderful classrooms! Enjoy the rest of the weekend! :D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Pin It button on image hover

Receive All Free Updates Via Facebook.